Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Auto X wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Auto X wheel question

Im starting to build up my '01 Firehawk for Auto-X courses. I would like to do the CTS-V brake set up in the front therefore i need to run an 18" wheel. I LOVE my 17" Firehawk wheels and would like to get something similar to that or even another wheel style where i can put the firehawk caps on it...I'd really like to avoid the C6 wheels since so many run them...The end result is a sleeper looking firehawk that just eats up and spits everything else out on the course! Anyway somone HELP!!! Do they make an 18" replica firehawk wheel?
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't bother with upgrading the front brakes for autox on an LS1 car. All I use is Hawk HP+ pads on the front and HPS pads on the rear. Then you don't have to get bigger wheels which would mean more expensive tires.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyLT1
I wouldn't bother with upgrading the front brakes for autox on an LS1 car. All I use is Hawk HP+ pads on the front and HPS pads on the rear. Then you don't have to get bigger wheels which would mean more expensive tires.
eventually the car will be pushing past 700rwhp...id like to have the bigger brakes just for insurance

Quick Reply: Auto X wheel question