Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

26's or 28's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 26's or 28's?

I am wondering which size tire to go with. I want the tire to be used both for going to the track and racing on the track. 26's seem to be what most i see run, but i have noticed alot of ppl getting 28's now. I guess my big worry is how the 28's will do for like around town driving and fri nite cruising. The car won't be a daily driver much longer anyway, but i DON'T wanna cut,bend,mold anything on the fenderwell to get the tire in there. Also how much difference does it make time wise as far as 1/4 times? i really like the look of the 28's but i'm worried about them being too big for my wheel well basically, also will the 28's help that much as far as traction over the 26's? TIA
Old 05-13-2004, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well by your a4 gay sign i would think your a m6? me too.what gear do you have? what tire are you using now? the 26" tire hooks great. the 28" tire will have more side wall to hook better(you will have to mod the fenders)and you may bog out of the hole. i don't like the et-street or drags,i cant hook on them well at all. a bud of mine turned me on to a tire called m&h RACEMASTERS, he let me borrow his used set of 305/40/16(on old lt1 rims)musclecar drags,they were 5-years wornout old and they pulled my front tires off the ground with a 1.59 60foot. this is the only tire i run now (i'm using the cheeter 26/11.5/16)slick. the 26''tire will do you fine take a look at www.intercotire.com call and ask for tom lorden's phone # he will help you out. look at those musclecar drags. the only good reason to run a 28'tire is if you have 4.11's and want to use nos,or have a 16''rim and want more sidewall to hook. be cool man.

Last edited by mike c.; 05-14-2004 at 12:55 PM.