Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

? about rim color

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about rim color

I have a set of Corvette Rims on my 94 z28 and I was thinking of plasti diping them to give it character.
I want your opinions/pics (if you've done it) of them plasti dipped.
I was thinking the face of the rim black with the insides (lips) chrome or the face chrome with the lips black. Anyone done this?

If I don't like it I will just paint them all black.

Also, how many cans of plasti dip would you estimate it would take to do all 4 rims? I was thinking 3.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

I've done my stock WS6 wheels in plasti dip. They came out good, and look good compared to the peeling clear coat I was working with.

I only did the front of the wheels, and I believe I only used two cans. I also used one can of the gloss coat they sell. The gloss coat makes a difference, but its nowhere near high gloss.

What color is the car?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranz Zam
I've done my stock WS6 wheels in plasti dip. They came out good, and look good compared to the peeling clear coat I was working with.

I only did the front of the wheels, and I believe I only used two cans. I also used one can of the gloss coat they sell. The gloss coat makes a difference, but its nowhere near high gloss.

What color is the car?
Totally forgot about the color. It is Red. Red and black has always been a big color favorite of mine.

If I ever get the $ to re paint the car, I want to do a black base with red metallic flakes in it or red base with black flakes. Just to see what it looks like. Of course I wouldn't paint it w/o seeing a sample first.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Red and black looks good.

The best part about Plasti dip, if you dont like it just peel it off.

Quick Reply: ? about rim color