Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

straight line traction between..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default straight line traction between..

ive done a TON of reading between R888s and NT01s, basically sounds like NT01s are a tiny bit stickier/more consistent then R888s, but my issue now that i cant get a clear answer on any site

idc about wear, noise, wet weather driving etc...

between a 315/35R17 NT01 and a R888, on a 600 ish rwhp turbo car which will have more straight line traction? or is there not a big difference?

Cobra guys seem to love the R888s out back but i cant find any info on the NT01 on how they hold for power

plan on doing road curses this year and i want something i can take off hard on but still handle corners, so please dont say get a DR : \ lol

thanks!
Old 03-17-2014, 10:33 PM
Launching!

No such thing from what I researched... Drag radials use different compound and the walls are softer so it can curl and grip. And Dr don't do too good in rain. Street performance again completely different compound with hard sidewalks for better cornering. Either one or the other buy a set of DR and a set of Autox tires for best performance in given application.

I know it's not the answer you want. But it is what it is. Wear and everything you want is in one tire is not gonna happen lol
Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I dont think you can go wrong with either tire for what you want. I run the R888's and love them.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

well i need straight line traction on the road courses as im running a 315/35R17 nitto 555 and every straight away is a just a massive burnout even in 3rd, taking off is a joke up till 3rd, why a DR wont do, and i didnt care about weather or mileage/DD use

im thinking a R888 in the rear with NT01s in the front, im thinking it might be an interesting combo lol

Quick Reply: straight line traction between..