Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tires help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires help

Need some advise. Need to buy a set of P315/35zr-17. Any brand recommendation from anybody. Want sticky with some tread.
Advice would be geat

I realize not the right place to put this.....But you guys will love it.Put in the right lace shortly

Great car show in Columbus this Thursday---Sunday. Goodguys
15th nationals. Has it all....even a somewhat of a SEMA type building.Frist two days are Pre-72. But Sunday are called all American Sunday Anything American. Also have an open autocross Friday Night event motel party with 600 or cars at motel have,bands,beer ,food. Cruise or stop. It is off Dublin Grandville exit. The party is a blast. Lot of big name guys are there....even at motel party. kindig, Foose, all the big builders.Motel Thursday and Friday are party central.Plus 7000 rides on Fairgrounds. Puting motel address on here.You Wont be disappointed.I know this isn't the right forum but if your nice enough to read my post then im going to let you in on this coming Fri.

Link to show
https://www.good-guys.com/ggn-2015

Motel
Crowne Plaza Columbus North - Worthington

6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43229
Old 07-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Teching In

I like Sumitomo tyres, excellent handling at high speeds, and superb wet and dy traction. Angular shoulder blocks for that steering response and dry grip. Great price as well
Old 07-10-2015, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Kumho ECSTA XS have lots of dry griip or you can go Toyo Proxes R88.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Default tires.....

Ended up buying a set of mickey Thompson ET street radials. I read a bunch of reviews,almost all 5 stars.Im just hoping for traction. 1st and second gear has been usless. Took my 21 year old son for a ride. We were in second gear...6 grand burnout going almost 60. Im sure you guys know that burnouts are were most wrecks happen, on strip. It went to the right really quick.Freaked me out for a second, but it was on back roads. I guess im getting to old for this **** :} Hears is a pic of tire. Thanks for all the advise. Love this site.

Read my post under the title...drag induction. Cool dragstrip reunion at Wades hotrod shop. Anybody want any info email me

micks51buick@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails Tires help-img_0514.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tires help