M/t, Et???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M/t, Et???

hello there
im confused about the meaning of M/T, ET, streets, drag radials
maybe M/T means Mickey Thompson. im not sure.. im looking for better traction for daily driving
Old 11-06-2004, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

M/T stands for Mickey Thompson which is a brand of tires

ET DRAGs - As you can tell there are pretty much an all out drag tire and not at all intended for street use.

ET Streets - These are a little bit better but not good at all if it rains.

ET Street Radial - These are the tires that I will street. They are a very soft compound and will not last very long but they will last longer then any of the above tires. These tires do not do well in the rain either.

Most people run nittos for daily drivers because they are better in the rain, hook well and generally last 10k-15k miles.

Nitto Drag Radials 555R
Old 11-06-2004, 06:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

how do the BFG DR's compare to the nittos for wet traction? im torn between which ones to get.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crovax WS-6
how do the BFG DR's compare to the nittos for wet traction? im torn between which ones to get.

I have had both and the nitto is way better in the rain. To be honest I think they are better on the track too and last 3 times as long. But thats just from personal experience with alot of low 1.6X 60 fts on 245/50/16 inch nittos. On the 255 / 50/16 bfg`s i couldnt do any better than a low 1.7 and they wore out really fast on the street.
I am looking to try out the mt etstreet drag radials. I have a few friends runnign them now and they are working extremely well.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

**** i al looking for new tires now too my nittos are shows thread and they have less then 5k on them but only the inside. the out side has a lot left i am going to buy them one more time and try runing a lower psi to see if that helps but damn how low do i go for daily driveing use u know i was runing them at 20 psi
Old 11-07-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Crovax WS-6
If your worried about traction in the rain get the nittos they will win in the rain hands down. If you want a bad *** tire that will hook and wont peel, get the M/Ts