Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

locking lug key off locking lug nut?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locking lug key off locking lug nut?

has anyone had their locking lug key get stuck on their locking lugnut? Any tips on getting it off of there? quick responces would be appreciated....

kinda in a dumb bind....

Thanks in advance...

Dan
Old 01-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Yeah I had that same problem with locks on my 91 rs. All i did was file the edge of the lug nuts. Were the key interlocks the lugnuts. Them lugs take a beating.
It works pretty good but i only figured it out one boring day at work And since i sold the car without them. I never have tried them out.
So i dont know how long the fix should last.
But just pushing them together by hand you can tell the difference.
Especially when you could flip it over and the lug still wouldn't fall to ground.
Now they are looser
Old 01-19-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

try vice grips..or wobble the socket for a while... i had this problem and just replaced my locking ones with regular lug nuts.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Launching!

hmm
after cutting my finger up a bit i found out that if you use a vice with some punches, and put the lug and the lock close to the edgue of the vice... you can use the punch to knock it loose... i put it together a few times... and did the same thing over... and it worked like that.... i guess when i took the lockin lug off it didnt wanna come off because it liked the power of a z-28, lol oh well... atleast i know my new rims will fit on.... tried one on for size.... looked pretty nice...debating on getting rid of the locking lugs.... and going with normal lugnuts.....

any views on this?

Thanks

Dan @ ChicagoStreetRacing.net
Old 01-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Launching!

ah, vice grips didnt do ****.... lol they were pretty lame, just slipped off the key.... i think i'm going to do away with the sons of bitches..... they are just ******* annoying.... nothing more....

hmm, being a member of this forum makes me feel warm inside.... that there are actually people out there waiting to give you some information they incountered with their adventures in and out of their cars....

Thanks everyone....
Old 01-20-2005, 03:18 AM
11 Second Club

hammering the key should force the lugs out of the key... roll it around and hit it in different spots on the key and watch that baby shoot out like a rocket..