Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Budnik Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey whats up Jon? How are things over there? Take it easy man.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with SS LS1 about the deep lip. Nice looking wheel and PM sent.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by IntroWheels
Hey whats up Jon? How are things over there? Take it easy man.
Things are good, email sometime.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Doing the math looks like with the offset needed to fit a 4th gen, on a 10" wide wheel, you would have approximately 3.125" of wheel lip left over. That seems to be a pretty substantial amount of wheel lip. Close to your wheels now. On the front wheels, you would have about a 2" wheel lip.

I think those would look pretty good on a late model.

Hope that answers your question,
Jon

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Jon that wheel looks fantastic! and I love Budnik wheels, but it seems the wheels pictured on the website seem to look better than the ones actually produced for our cars as the offsets on the pictured wheels are not close to what we actually need . What I mean is how about posting a picture of a wheel that would actually fit on a 4th Gen FBody for us to get a look at?

The reason being 2 years ago (when I was wheel shopping) I wanted a set of Budnik Tiller Fatlip wheels for my car but when I called inquiring about the size of the actual Fatlip all Budnik could offer me was a 1 3/4" lip.

Now that didn't sound very much like a "Fatlip" to me so I went with iForged to get 3.5" wide lips in the rear. Now if the Tiller could have been made with a larger Fatlip then I would have definately bought those and saved me some cash. I have seen the Tiller wheel on 4th gen F-Bodys and with the shallow "Dish" design they look a little weak on our cars IMO. (Sorry)

So my question is does Budnik now offer a wheel for a 4th Gen F-Body that looks like the ones pictured above with a true Deep Dish look? If so they might just end up on my next project.

Thanks for listening and for showing us the new wheel, I really like the wider spoke design. Greg
Old 02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it does but seriously who really wants a custom built 10" wheel? Seems like the 10.5" or 11" wheels are way more popular with the late model crowd to fit a 295 or 315 wide tire. Lets see some pics of a wheel on an F-Body in 18" diameters. (and guys don't say look at Rick-LS1's post as his are 17x9 1/2 and 17x11 w/o the FatLips)

Really Jon thanks for responding ,but what has changed at Budnik to allow the deeper wheel lips. I agree with you that they would look great but why have we not seen any late model F-Bods with a deep dish Budnik wheel yet? I know it is not because people don't want one.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like the offspring of FM/5's and AR Rebels.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, those are nice. do they come in 19"?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

i like em, but still to rich for my blood.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

JonSS are you still out there?

I found these pics of some Budnik Fat Lip 18"x10" M5's that are close to a Hammer design.

They look nice but the dish or lip depth is nothing like the first pic you posted. Can you get more than these have or
is this basically what F-Body Hammers would look like?

Thanks for your help, Greg

Attached Thumbnails New Budnik Wheel-hammer1.jpg  
Old 02-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JonSS
All Budnik Wheels are two piece forged Billet from 6061-t6 material. And every set is custom built to fit the application.
Ceramic clear coat is an option on every wheel as well as colored centers.
With the Ceramic Clear coat will it still have the same shine as it would just polished?? I dont think i have every seen a coated polished wheel. maybe i have and didnt know.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

the factory WS6 wheels are polished with clear i believe
Old 02-15-2005, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

You do lose some depth with the ceramic clear. We offer it on our wheels too, but you dont get quite the same shine. Some people dont mind because after driving on billets for a few days, you already get stuff on the wheels and they dont look brand new anyway.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Launching!

why cant people just make chrome
Old 02-16-2005, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Because you cant chrome a 2-piece wheel. On top of that, some people think that chrome shine looks cheap. Also, chrome peels and pits and whatnot, and is hard to redo. There are pros and cons to each finish and it is all up to personal preference.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by IntroWheels
Because you cant chrome a 2-piece wheel. On top of that, some people think that chrome shine looks cheap. Also, chrome peels and pits and whatnot, and is hard to redo. There are pros and cons to each finish and it is all up to personal preference.

hmm TTII are a 2 piece wheel and you can get them custom chromed. I love the way polished looks but im sick and tired of having to polish the wheels everytime i clean the car. And then during the winter time if its snowing or there is ice on the roads the sand/salt trucks come and cover the road then it gets on the wheels and starts to rust. If ou cant clean them right when you get home there will be rust hole's left.hmm is there any place that has pictures of the ceramic coating on them?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry, I haven't been online in a few days. Things get busy around the shop, and I don't get alot of time to surf online as often as the old days.

If someone wants 17X11" FatLip, we'll do them. If someone wants 18X11, or 12" fatlips, we'll do them. Remember this is a custom built wheel, and yes we can widen fatlip wheels. Even 19's and 20's.

Thank you Brian at Intro for taking some of those questions for me. Just doesn't seem like this is the crowd to appeciate a two piece billet wheel. Chrome flat out is bad news all the way around. Normally done to onepiece, off shore, cheap, cast wheels. In a year, they'll peel, crack, and nickel shadow. With the clear, it will never yellow, it doesn't peel, and it will eliminate polishing ever again. It hinders shine a bit, and really is only noticealbe under indoor lighting. Out in the sun, you wouldn't know it was there.
Here's my car with brushed finish, and clear. Love the clear. Glass cleaner, and it's done.
Why don't you see alot of our wheels on late model vehicles like 4th Gens? Well, one is because most of the billet market is advertised towards street rodders and muscle car owners, who appreciate a well built custom wheel. Especially since most fitments are specific from one car to the next given suspension mods, body mods, etc. We build to fit the application, not to keep on shelf. Only reason I come here often is because I had a 35th anniv. 4th gen.
Sorry that I do not have more pictures to show you of our wheels exact fitment on a fourth gen. We just don't build wheels to keep inhouse in stock to fit specific applications. Way too many variables to do that.
Greg,
Reason your wheels look deeper is because your spokes taper back in towards the vehicle. It gives the appearance of a deeper wheel lip, but you do have the same front space, and backspace as what a one of our wheels would have. Taper spokes that curve back in are available for a similar profile in our two piece wheels.
Attached Thumbnails New Budnik Wheel-camaro_travisshoot.jpg   New Budnik Wheel-69camaro20s_3small.jpg  
Old 02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Launching!

well iam really interested in the hammer's in a clear coat. But the prob i have is that i see the pic of the rim and by the time i get it on my car its not what i pictured. i have been through 4 sets of wheels in 2 yrs cause of this. The only ones that i liked was the TTII but i cant stand polishing them. I like one of the IForged wheels but a guy i know already has those. Do you have any pics of a fully polished coated wheel?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Banned

mannn some polsihed outer 18 by 11"s would be IMO soooo nice..... but then again i would expect to spending sooo much for just rims...... prob around 1800... and thats just too much for rims....

also your website is not working....
Old 02-17-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98'MidnightBlueBird'
mannn some polsihed outer 18 by 11"s would be IMO soooo nice..... but then again i would expect to spending sooo much for just rims...... prob around 1800... and thats just too much for rims....

also your website is not working....
it will be more than $1,800 for a set of 18's my friend. a few hundred more....

Quick Reply: New Budnik Wheel