Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Another 315 / lowered rubbing question (sorry)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another 315 / lowered rubbing question (sorry)...

My car is lowered with DMS springs, this weekend I am going to put on 315/35/17 Nitto Drags on 17x11 TT2's. I've heard that Nittos don't rub because there alittle narrower that a typical 315 tire, but I would like to make sure. Anyone one have experience with this setup or a similiar one? Also I am really concerned with the bumpstops has anyone had a problem with the bumpstops piercing their tire?
Old 03-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WIKDWS6
My car is lowered with DMS springs, this weekend I am going to put on 315/35/17 Nitto Drags on 17x11 TT2's. I've heard that Nittos don't rub because there alittle narrower that a typical 315 tire, but I would like to make sure. Anyone one have experience with this setup or a similiar one? Also I am really concerned with the bumpstops has anyone had a problem with the bumpstops piercing their tire?
The tires are fine, but the 11 inch wide wheels may be an issue. I had Nitto 315's on 17X9.5 rears and went larger to 17X11 inch rears with the same tires and I had significant rubbing. I had to roll the fender and the inner fender was altered for more room.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Resident

YOu might have problems...it just depends.
1. Some cars just seem to have more rubbing issues.
2. Do you have an adjustable PHR to center the rear? That will help...
3. Do you have the 'right' offset for the rims? Too small and you could rub the outside fender...too big, and you could rub the inside fender.
4. You will certainly have problems with the bump stop if you try to jack up your car without putting the jack under the differential. At full extension, the rim/tire will catch on the bump stop.

All that said though, it just takes a little hammer work on the inside fender, and a little 'rolling' on the outside fender...
Old 03-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

I think I have the right offset for the wheels because I got them from Ron's Rims who gets them direct from American Racing. I don't have a adjustable PHR, I just have the stock one.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure how much the DMS springs lower the car, but you could have some major rubbing with the stock PHR (lowering the suspension shifts the rear axle assembly to one side, because the PHR is now too long for the ride height). Then again, wheel clearance really seems to vary from car to car, so you may still have no issues. :shrug:
Old 03-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Default ttt

I have pro-kit lowered my 99 SS about 2 inches.... rim 17x11 TT's with 315 nittos and have no rubbing at all...