Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need help!!! carwash gone bad!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help!!! carwash gone bad!!

I have my stock ws6 wheels. one of them has almost a white looking stain on it. i dont understand what happend and how to get it off.. i tried about everything...i think it may have been on of the wheel cleaners that i used because it looks like there are streaks in it. is there any way i can get this off? anyone ever had this problem before?
Old 05-02-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wheels are clear coated, so it sounds like something some how dulled the clear.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Teching In

I use to work at a carlot and once I went back to wash my 95Z at the detail shop. They had two types of wheel cleaners. One was more like the citrus/ mean green cleaner and the other actually had acid in it. The acid type was for BMW wheels. Anyway not knowing which to use on my wheels I asked a guy who worked back there. he pointed to the wrong cleaner. I started spraying it on one wheel and realised it didn't smell right. I started seeing bubbles coming up on my wheels. I instantly sprayed water and soap on it to clean it off. It didn't hurt the wheel to bad. It did dull it a little. I used multiple cleaners and polishers and finally got it to look good. I don't think the acid was on long enought o eat the clearcoat, but it was going to.
Joe
Old 05-04-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

i noticed the same smell in the one that i sprayed. but i did it to all 4 without even thinking about it. the 1 was the only one that turned out that way though..the rest looked great.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Did you get it looking any better?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same thing happened when i used black magic wheel cleaner, just use some mothers mag and aluminum polish, you can find it at autozone. that should take it out.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Baltimore Whore

that happend to me once when i got the supreme car wash.it's the mag wheel cleaner they use. Once i got home i noticed the streaks.I had to polish the **** out of them with a buffin wheel but it all came out took forever though.good luck