Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

To Bling, or not to Bling...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default To Bling, or not to Bling...

I'm in the process of planning out my mods for my car. I will have my funding lined up within the next 2 months. What I'm stuck on is, should I fork out high dollar for a set of wheels, or just go with the norm?

By high dollar I'm pretty set on a set of CCW Classic's in either full polish, or a black center. By norm, I was thinking along the lines of Z06, or ZR1's. I like the looks of the Z06 wheels but (no offense to the owners) everyone has them. I want to set my car apart from the other SS's in my town...

For the record the car is a 02 White SS. I have a total of 5k to spend on everything. I was originally planning 2k on wheels, and the rest on go-fast goodies. The car is the 345 HP SLP package so I have an exhaust, and lid already. The car went 13.4 @ 103 in almost 90 degree heat on street tires (A4)
Old 07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i spent 4k in wheels and tires, so if you go that route, most of your money will be gone to wheels, but if you went the other route, you'd have some for more appearence mods/performance mods...then again, having some wheels that stand out from the rest is nice and i get compliments EVERYWHERE i go...so that justifies the cost to me...so its up to you...

i'd say buy some wheels/tires you want (CCW) and get a panhard bar, some springs, and some SFC's....if you dont already have that stuff...
Old 07-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I've got wheels different from the pack (although nothing near CCW quality), and I wish I had some nicer wheels like CCWs or Fikses. At the same time, when I buy new tires I'll probably change wheels, and I'll probably go to black ZR1s. Right now the car isn't in show car shape so it doesn't really need show car wheels. I can worry about that really nice stuff later when the car has a really expensive paint job and a nice garage to live in.

So with all that said, I'd say pick up some ZR1s or ZO6s and spend the rest of other things that you can enjoy like a nice sounding exhaust (headers) or some more power (any of the bolt ons).
Old 07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I've got wheels different from the pack (although nothing near CCW quality), and I wish I had some nicer wheels like CCWs or Fikses. At the same time, when I buy new tires I'll probably change wheels, and I'll probably go to black ZR1s. Right now the car isn't in show car shape so it doesn't really need show car wheels. I can worry about that really nice stuff later when the car has a really expensive paint job and a nice garage to live in.

So with all that said, I'd say pick up some ZR1s or ZO6s and spend the rest of other things that you can enjoy like a nice sounding exhaust (headers) or some more power (any of the bolt ons).
Well with $3k spent wisely in go-fast stuff I'd still be looking at a pretty quick ride. For $2k I can get the CCW's that I want. I can use my stock tires for the fronts, and my buddy has the hook up on rubber for the rear.