Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Who has ET radials

Old 07-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has ET radials

I am considering buying a set of Mickey Thompson ET street radials for my modded Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, but have some questions for those of you who have used them.

These tires will be driven on daily, how long can I expect them to last? For the majority of my driving it's in the city, witht he occasional 25mile highway trip to my mom's (about 3 times a month), and I really don't even drive "spirited" when I am just driving for transportation, I am very conservative about gas and that kind of thing.

However it will see the track once or twice a month, and some skreet racin' about as often as the track.

Also, I live in Florida, it rains a lot, a lot of times I won't be driving IN the rain, but the roads will still be wet (it likes to shower throughout the day, but rarely is it a true downpoor) Oh and the occasional hurricane, those of you who drive on these tires daily, how are they with the weather?

Sorry for the long winded post, TIA
Old 07-31-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They hook great but, I would only expect to see about 5K miles out of them being easy on them. And I would not daily drive them in the rain. I've had mine out in the rain acouple of times and they where ok around town but, above 45-50 they get kinda sketchy. They where brand new when I had them in the rain too so I can only imagine what they would act like now that they are pretty worn.

I would stick with a Nitto 555R on an all out daily driver. You can easily get 15K miles out of them and they are much better in the rain. Obviously don't hook as well though.

Search this Thread