Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Welded Floyd RTs

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005 | 04:02 PM
10 Second Club

Nice wheels! But, how well will they hold up on the rough streets?
Old 08-06-2005 | 04:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
Nice wheels! But, how well will they hold up on the rough streets?
I'll respond to this one...a person using our P1 LS1/LT1 built wheels would have similar issues as running other drag manufacture's wheels. i.e. prostar/draglite combinations. I see folks stating they are concerned of using them on the street in comparison to other drag wheels. I can literally count on one hand how many have damaged one of our F-body setup. this is for EVERY Bogart wheel produced for EVERY F-body.

Real world testing is a very good indication that our wheels have stood up against punishment and time. Most use them against our recommendation on the street all the time without issues. This does not imply our wheels cannot be bent...can you bend them? Sure! Just as any wheel can be damaged from misuse.

Most of welds wheels are NOT for street use...this is indicated by their large stamp on the face of their wheels stating "for drag use only". This INCLUDES prostar/draglites. The critical wheel that takes quite a bit of stress is the front runner. WELDS FRONT RUNNERS ARE NOT FOR STREET USE. If you feel comfortable using a weld wheel that is not meant for street use, then by all means, you could feel just as comfortable using our P1 wheel.

I am not condoning the use of our Bogart drag wheels on the street. They are built for drag racing and not DOT legal....just as most of welds wheels.

It is up to the user to use our wheels with caution and their own responsibility if they are using them on the street.

Steve
Old 08-07-2005 | 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve10
First production set in the world the F-body. They do have a very nice clean appearance.

69chevy, if you need help or guidance for us to build you a set, shoot over an e-mail or give me a call and i'll be happy to assist you.

Steve
So i am to understand that these wheels just came into production. I'll save you the hassle of building me a set and just stick with my prostars . By the way, they would have been for my 69 camaro. I'll wait a couple of years and invest into those wheels. They look sweet by the way.