Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Skinnies

Old 08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Skinnies

Is anyone using Wilwoods Superlite 6 Big brake kit? If so what kind of wheel tire combo are you using for skinnies? Thanks
Old 08-08-2005, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your going to put yourself right out of using skinnies for large brakes w/high overhang. There is little to no benifits to using large rotors/calipers on a skinny wheel setup. Generally it is heavier, larger rotational losses will be seen and you will just skid more/easily. Great setup for large tires, but not so good for skinnies.

If you do decide to change, be certain to change rears also as your proportioning bias will be off by changing the fronts only.

Either do minor upgrades to your stock configuation retaining stock specs or consider moving to a drag brake setup if you are setting up the car for drag racing. We do offer for our Bogart customers exlusive low-pricing for any strange products.

Good luck,

Steve
Old 08-09-2005, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Wilwood 6 piston kit front on my 96 WS6 with the 4 piston Wilwood kit on the rear. I am currently trying to figure out who can make me a custom rim that will meet my needs for drag racing. It is very difficult to find a drag racing setup for our cars with big brakes. Good luck, I wish someone had a solution for the guys running big brakes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,
Silverram, if you come across anything that works let me know. Thanks

Search this Thread