Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

eagle F1's any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eagle F1's any good?

So, I have reasonably new eagle F1's (not GS) on my fronts, and stock originals on the back. Well the backs are done and need to be replaced, but i'm not sure if i should just through some F1's on the back to make it match (I really dont like having 2 diff sets of tires), or if i should go with someone else for the back then switch out the front when their time comes up. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stock F1's are horrible. I had 1 break the bead and come off the rim causing me to go in a ditch. I took all 4 off and got the GS-D3's. A completely different tire. Traction is 100 times better both wet and dry. The stock F1's did better in snow though. lol

Seriously though, they suck.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I think the stock F1's suck, I couldnt get any traction with those things.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Teching In

i dont mean the stock ones though. The stock ones are what I would be replacing...

When I bought the car it had two different sets of tires on it (still does).
These on the fronts, which are almost new (at least 75% tread anyway)
good year F1's
these on the backs which i need to replace.(anyway i think these are on the rears)
good year F1 GS

So what i'm trying to decide, is if i should replace the rears with the euro-design F1's, or if i should go with something else on the rears.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Teching In

ok so I think the goodyears that i am calling the F1s are the same as the GS-D3's. I just dont know that I want to spend 450 bucks on two tires.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

I have no real complaints, but I'm certain there are better tires out there for less money.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Well after much confusion i think i've sorted this all out. What I have on my car now is gs-d3s on the front, and the stock F1s on the rears which are pretty much bald.

From what I have gathered from going through previous posts...there is really no best tire, just a bunch of people who are convinced for no aparent reason that the tire they just bought is in fact the best tire ever made. However there are generally regarded "good" tired, which are nittos, eagles, pirellis, and i'm sure a few more i've missed.

So i'm just going to pay a little more, and get two more GS-D3's for my rears, so i have a matching set of tires(something about two different sets of tires i still just dont like).

Thank you to everyone who tried to help make sense of my confusion.

Last edited by branden7; 09-09-2005 at 03:59 PM.