Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

new tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tires

when i bought my car, it came with a spare set of dayton daytona tires. all of them are in almost new condition with the exception of one that has a hole in the sidewall which is not pluggable. so yesterday i bought a replacement and had all of them put on (the 1 new one and the 3 almost new ones). right after they were put on i realized that the replacement isn't the exact same tire. it reads the same, and thats why they ordered it (dayton daytona zr). The sidewalls look exactly the same but the tread pattern is different. similar but still different. i had them put the brand new (different) one on the front because i didnt' want it to look weird on the back when behind the car with two back tires with different tread patterns. my question is...do you guys think i will run into much trouble with the one having a different pattern? it handles okay now and the alignment is fine. i'm guessing i'll notice most of the change once the tires start to wear. what negative factors can you guys see me having to deal with?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Should be fine.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll just look retarded with one different tire...otherwise will be fine.