Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

what 15" will fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol funny analogy. Actually though, the price is due to the materials used and the process to build the wheels. There is much hand-work involved in the wheels. If for the folks whom have them, they know first hand from the highly mirror-polished finish and the materials that went into producing them. A weld prostar is comprised of two pieces of stamped aluminum with a center-spacer between them. A weld alumastar is made using billet material with MUCH higher quality standards. You'll spend easily twice as much on weld high-ended wheels over the weld eonomy wheels. HUGE differnence!! Our P1 billet and P2 billet series are high-end wheels.

I do want to reiterate. Our prices are not high; they are RIGHT in line with similar built weld wheels. I’m talking about their high-end wheels like their alumastar 2’s. Actually some of our Bogart wheels are LESS expensive then Welds drag series wheels.

Of course if you compare our high-end wheels to Welds low-economy line of wheels, certainly ours prices look high…don’t try to compare welds high-end wheels like the alumastar 2 front runner for example to their economy runner prostar…you’ll probably have a heart-attach. This is why I mentioned above you need to compare like wheels. Attempting to compare a high-end product to another company’s low-end product is not good comparison regarding price, quality differences and benefits.

You do get what you pay for. These comments are getting ridiculous. If you want additional benefits all around and save quite a bit of weight, have a wheel that is built correctly for the car so you don’t have to grind a ton, add spacers or other issues…then our wheels are for you. If you’re on a budget, a wall mart shopper or don’t care about high-quality, high-ended products are not for you.

For the folks whom have never seen a high-end wheel such as our wheels or even a weld alumstar wheel...and say that a weld-prostar is a better wheel and the others do not reap benifits...they are either smoking something or have not seen high-end wheels before. There are HUGE differences between what is being discussed here...not just large price differences.

Last edited by steve10; 01-31-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so convo pro's will look stupid on my car cause of the spacing? Are the convo's drag only?
Old 02-01-2006, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe any skinny drag wheel is street legal, approved to use on the street or safe.

Regarding appearance, I'm not sure what your referring to stupid, some like the look of a wheel sticking out to make the car look like it has bigger tires on it then it really does...certainly they are not centered correctly, from the rear, it is evident.

A 10 inch wheel is ideal for most late model applications. 8 inch wheels are too small. SO, if you're looking at a 10 inch wheel centerline, 6.5 inches (max available) is really too small for a stock length rear end.

Centerlines manufacture one of the heaviest drag wheels out there if this is of any concern to you. If your on a budget and don' t care about considerations I've discussed, stick with welds economy series wheel.

If you want high-quality wheels, then our wheels are for you. You'll be saving ~50 lbs of converted static weight, higher quality better products. Pictures really don't do them justice. It's really difficult to see differences on a picture from one manufacture to another. In person, there is a night and day difference. When you pick up the wheel, there is also a night and day difference in weight. I wish I could reproduce the wheels finish and luster from a picture...If I put up pictures that really showed some of the qualities, folks would complain that they are too large or they can't download them with their dial-up.
Attached Thumbnails what 15" will fit?-rr10.jpg  
Old 02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about mickey thompson et drag wheels, will they fit a 02 camaro.