Has Anyone Tried the Flitz system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
so its safe to wet sand draglites with 1500-2000? then polish? thanks

-Tommy
As long as its not clear coated, it is completely safe.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AncientRgn
As long as its not clear coated, it is completely safe.
Completely right and one way to check this is to get some polish or wax on a rag and rub the wheel a little, if black residue comes off then its a Polished, no Clearcoated wheel. Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

are most draglites polished or clear coated? thanks for the help... i guess ill have pictures up soon...

-Tommy
Old 02-06-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by s.o.m.SS
are most draglites polished or clear coated? thanks for the help... i guess ill have pictures up soon...

-Tommy
Polished. Have done this before on cars that got overspray on the wheels in the paint booth and it works good.

Picked up a flitz ball this weekend. The shop that I get the Wenol polish from had them for $22.99. I'm going to try it out as soon as when get a day without rain.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Tried the flitz ball and flitz polish this weekend. I personally like it better than the powerball. It's much easier to get into tight spaces, has a cover for the drill chuck to keep you from scuffing wheels, doesn't make anywhere near as much of a mess, and worked alotquicker than the powerball. I did see that Mother's has a new, smaller version of the powerball out now on an extension to reach hard to get spaces. Almost bought one at a show this weekend, but couldn't think of what I'd really need it for.

IMHO, the flitz beats the powerball all around unless you have something like welds on your car that fit the shape of the powerball pretty good.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I finally got a camera and thought I'd take some before and after photos and let the results speak for themselves. The first pic is after an entire winter of salt on some polished Eagles that I have on my truck, the second is after less than 10 minutes using the flitz ball and flitz polish. When I saw it on tv the first thought in my mind was , but it seems to work pretty good. It still doesn't hit every little crack, but it does way better than the powerball, that wouldn't even really fit in between the spokes. If I can get some polished wheels back decent after a winter's worth of salt in less than an hour, I'm pleased.
Attached Thumbnails Has Anyone Tried the Flitz system?-dsc00013-2-.jpg   Has Anyone Tried the Flitz system?-dsc00015-2-.jpg  
Old 03-15-2006, 03:11 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by '99slobird
Well, I finally got a camera and thought I'd take some before and after photos and let the results speak for themselves. The first pic is after an entire winter of salt on some polished Eagles that I have on my truck, the second is after less than 10 minutes using the flitz ball and flitz polish. When I saw it on tv the first thought in my mind was , but it seems to work pretty good. It still doesn't hit every little crack, but it does way better than the powerball, that wouldn't even really fit in between the spokes. If I can get some polished wheels back decent after a winter's worth of salt in less than an hour, I'm pleased.
Damn thats pretty good for 10 minutes... Now to see if they sell them here in Europe. Even with buffer and doing the rest by hand I spent 2-3 hours.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you get Spike Network, watch it Saturday Mornings when they show car shows. They advertise all the time and they'd probably ship one over from the factory.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got the Powerball at Advance Auto for $20 and I don't care for it myself. I also had to run it on my 120v drill. I didn't get into any tight areas. Only did the lip of the rim and the outer part of the spokes. Flitz can't be any worse.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Damn thats pretty good for 10 minutes... Now to see if they sell them here in Europe. Even with buffer and doing the rest by hand I spent 2-3 hours.[/QUOTE]

Here's a link to their european website

https://ssl.kundenserver.de/www.flit...dex.shopscript
Old 03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls1_bc
Damn thats pretty good for 10 minutes... Now to see if they sell them here in Europe. Even with buffer and doing the rest by hand I spent 2-3 hours.
Here's a link to their european website

https://ssl.kundenserver.de/www.flit...dex.shopscript[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks, I didnt have time to search eariler.