Other
28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Which tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was shocked by the traction of the BFG KDW NT. I had Kuhmo's on my car last year and if I hit the 1st-2nd shift right the car would lose all traction and it felt like driving on ice. I just put the KDW's on the car this year and it is a a major improvement. The car sticks like glue now. I had it out for a couple of hours today and could not break the rear lose even though I was driving it VERY hard. Time will tell about the treadwear but since I average 2500 per year I'm hoping to at least get 4-5 years from them.

I've always liked Goodyear tires for traction but my knock on those has been that their tread life was always limited at least from my past experience with them. I had a set on my old 94 Mustang GT and they lasted about 8k miles. The BFG's may or may not wear better but so far the traction has been outstanding. Plus, they are cheaper than the GS-D3's as well.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel to the need to chime in here. Having owned three LS1's(2-98 TA's and now3 an '02 Z28), now. I had the two new TA's back in 97 thru 01 and ran the GSC's on 'em religiously(the wear pattern(time) sucked).

Then, I switched over to the BFG KDWS'ss. During my f-body absence in '01 & 02. While in an '00 GTP. Then, when I bought the Z28, in July 04. I had the BFG's swapped out w/ the tires that were on the Z28 @ trade. I(like yourself '02 Trans Am drive the Z28 most of the year round (except, for the bad weather days). Now, I have put around 50K miles on the BFG KDWS'ss and now I'm in the process of buying new skins for the Z28 w/ the purchasing of a set of the KDW'ss. Granted they do have a lesser heat rating. But if, I got 50K out of the KDWS'ss. I should be able to do something close to that w/ the KDW'ss. Plus, the tread pattern look alot more aggressive. So, we'll see how they(the BFG KDW's) work out, in the long run.

Btw, the KDWS'ss were as good if, not better in the rain then, the Goodyear GSC's and not near as expansive Now, the KDW'ss is a different story. They are alill more pricier. But, still cheaper then the GSC, as I remember,

Later,
Don
Old 12-11-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I would of got the BFG TA DR for the rear instead of the NTs in the rear. BFG all the way.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
but I don't want to take the chance in case it looks stupid...it is going on $2600 wheels, it has to look right
It will look fine.