Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

New Rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rims

I currently have the Factory Chrome Rims and Tires on my Car (see my aviator). I was looking at getting new Rims. Mine are starting to peal (chrome is pealing off). I have gotten some opinions from people here at work, but I wanted other opinions. First, I don't like the Gloss Black rims, so I am staying away from them. I really favor the Chrome. So here are some Rims I was looking at. Also, what SIZE? 17's or 18's? I don't race my car, more for day to day driving.

Hot Wheels Six Eight

MB Wheels: Drifter

MB Wheels: Vapor <- think these look better on a truck

These are pictures of my car the day I bought it.

Last edited by Moorepheus; 10-04-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sort of look around at what other folks have here and in the appearance forum and make your decision that way.

Wheels are all about opinions, but it really helps to see the wheels you are interested in on a car similiar to your own. So check out the wheel gallery sticky. It will give you an idea of what the wheels look like on a car like your own.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the wheel gallery. Lot's of good ideas for wheels there.

http://www.wheels.ls1tech.com/gallery/main.php

Wheels are a very personal thing. What you like others may hate so check out the gallery and pick something YOU like. Most times you'll get just about as many "Those Rock" as you will "Those Suck" comments when you ask folks here what they like.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

18's are going to ride a bit rougher than 17's due to thinner side walls. and i like the drifters way better than either of those other 2 wheels. just my $.02.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Teching In

thanks, all, I have looked at the gallery and got some good ideas. As for what I like and what other people like your right. It's about what I like. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah the gallery is a great resource for this type of question. personally i like 18's for a cruiser / occasional race kinda car.