Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Do these ZO6 Replicas fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Do these ZO6 Replicas fit?

I pulled the rear driver side tire off, and put the 18x10.5 rim on while the car was lifted up. The rim seemed to rub up against the top bumper stop of the hub. But when I put the car back on the ground it looks like the rim goes over that stop and the clearance would work. I have no rubbing whether or not my 17 x9.5's are on or off the ground against that rubber bumper, even the other 18x9.5s I'm using for the front did not rub on the back. Are these 18x10.5 rims to big? Help on this would be appreaciated. P.S. I have read the above posts on offset.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Most times a 10.5 or 11 on a Camaro will rub but it depends on the tire. Some tires have a smaller width even though two tires might be the exact same size. Some guys will say they have no issue with rubbing but most of them have TA's which have slightly larger wheel wells. No big deal to fix. You just need to get out the big freaking hammer and possibly cut or remove the bump stop. Drive a short distance and then check for rub marks. Don't go too far cause if you are rubbing you don't want to trash your tires.

BTW, what is the offset and which tires are you running out back? I have 18x9.5's with BFG P275 tires with no rubbing at all but my car is not lowered either, is yours?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Z06 wheels should fit fine. The problem you are having is very common and acually, isn't really a problem. The bump stop protrudes out into the wheel well and should only come into contact with the wheels when the suspension is fully extended. This should only happen when the vehicle is lifted off the ground from the frame. When the car is on the ground and the suspension is at normal compression, the wheels should not come into contact with the bump stop and unless you can get your car off the ground while driving, and I hope you don't, the wheels should not be able to travel far enough down to contact the bump stop. To prevent the wheels from rubbing the bump stops during install, simply lift the car from under the rear axle. This will prevent the suspension from hanging down and allowing the wheel to hit the bump stops. Hope this clears things up for you.

Troy@DTD
Old 05-19-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wink

That's why I love this sight so much. The power of all the smart members amazes me. Thanx for the answers. I'm going to run my 18x10.5s on back and my 18x9.5s on the front, with some 285/35s, all the way around. Thanx again for all the great input.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Car is not lowered.