Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

ZR-1 two styles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR-1 two styles?

I just had insurance pay for a **** ton of damage done to my car thanks to a chunk of angled steel in the middle of a road! Anyways they gave me a new ZR-1 wheel. The only problem is that is looks different than the rest of my wheels. The spokes are flat compared to my round ones. Did they make more than one type of ZR-1 wheel? FYI my ss is a 99'.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds to me like they didn't give you real GM wheels but instead reproduction wheels, like the ones from AFS? If that's the case, you might have a 9.5" wheel instead of the factory sized 9" wheel. This is assuming that you have stock SS wheels.

I know AFS and I believe just about every other aftermarket wheel maker switched the design from the round ones to the more square ones 3 or 4 years ago. I have AFS wheels and one of them needed replacing, and they had to make me one of the old style again so they would match.

So you need to clarify what is being replaced, and who the insurance company used to repalce the wheel.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

I have the factory zr-1's from 99. I thought that the insurance company went through gm, but I guess that they could have gotten it from somewhere else.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id call and have them replace w/the right wheel. if it was me and they gave me an aftermarket wheels for my hawk and didnt match, id be on it asap