Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Considering going with a different approach

Old 12-31-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Considering going with a different approach

Well, it's time that the salad shooters should go. With about 13 years on them now, they just don't clean up as good as they used to. I personally love black wheels on white cars, so that is set in stone for what I'm doing. Now a set of black ZR1's is my dream setup but I refuse to spend that money without getting 11" rears, and with college coming up and lots of traveling it just doesn't make since to get into a position to where I can't rotate the tires on my DD. So, I am thinking of finding a set of silver 5-spoke Camaro or Firebird wheels, and painting them black myself, and just using the same tire that I already have (again saving some $$$ for future stuff). Any thoughts/comments/suggestions on this? Or does anyone already have this done with pics? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I wouldnt get rid of stockers, just for other stockers. sure its an upgrade, but an extremely minor upgrade.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

The only problem is, I have other things that I would like to spend my money on, such as performance upgrades, rebuilding the motor and tranny, etc. I just need something that will look nicer than my worn out, weathered, and beat-up salad shooters.

Search this Thread