Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

BFG g-Force Sport??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BFG g-Force Sport??

I found there on tire rack and I was wondering about them B/C they say that there for sport compact! but they came up on the camaro search that I did.

The g-Force Sport is BFGoodrich's Ultra High Performance Summer tire designed for sport compact drivers who want to combine outstanding dry handling with affordable prices. The g-Force Sport was developed to provide crisp and responsive handling in both wet and dry conditions. Like all summer tires, the g-Force Sport is not intended to be driven in near freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

On the outside, the g-Force Sport molds BFGoodrich's BlackTech tread compound into a directional tread design with large independent shoulder tread blocks, g-Hook intermediate ribs, two continuous center ribs and two wide circumferential rain channels to blend superior dry cornering, capable wet traction and straight-line stability.

Internally, the g-Force Sport features twin, high tensile steel belts that are further strengthened by BFGoodrich's ETEC System (Equal Tension Containment) spiral-wrapped reinforcement to stabilize the tread area enhancing handling and high-speed capability. A dimensionally stable polyester cord body and g-control sidewall inserts help resist lateral deflection to generate cornering force and stability

BFG
Old 01-02-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have them on my bird and love them, but sense you are putting down lots of power i don't know how these would react since i only have a 6cl but for the cornering abilities they are great for the price, good traction in the rain too
Old 01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the BFG's beat the yokohama AVS ES100 and thats what I've been running.

Compare

I just didn't get why they say it's for a sport compact....
Old 01-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had them on my 17x9 chrome ZR1s, and they are a decent summer tire, especially for the price. As for wet traction...they are good as far as evacuating the water out from under the tires, but they do not grip well at all on a wet surface (even damp was a challenge). They handle just as bad when the roads get cold, and worse when it is cold and wet out. I actually had my rear try to come around me when I wasn't expecting it on a cold, wet day.

Since I'm using the rims for my winter driving, I went ahead and ditched those tires for some actual winter tires, and I'll just use the wheels and tires in my sig for summer driving.

I'd recommend these tires in the dry, summer weather. Even wet summer weather is safe. But when it gets cold, they handled pretty poorly IMO. Being able to light the tires up by flooring it in 3rd gear (at about 2500 RPMs) is not my idea of fun (or safe for that matter).
Old 01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

If you look at their sizes, they are mostly for import cars with diamaters between 205 and 235mm and rim sizes between 15 and 18.. I only say import because they dont usually have wide tires.

I have had them on the fronts for probably 15k, never rotated and the corners are barely worn. Im guessing they will last 30k plus although ill probably replace them before then. As for how they hook, i cant tell you because i use to use kdw 2's in a 295/35/18 which the sport doesnt come in. They work well in the rain and dry and their steering response is good. Im guessing at 15k, there's 70% tread left. Other tires in their price range are the firehawks, Mx, fuzions, sumitomos and kumho 712s.

I would put them over all except maybe the firehawks only because i think their tread is a little grippier. The MXs are def. grippier but wear too fast and id stay away from anything kumho.

I recommend them.

Also check out the Falken Azenis RT-615. It has a soft tread used in SCCA racing but also has a 200 treadware rating. They arent sold at tirerack.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome thanks for all the info guys!