Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tire Help

So dad said he would get me new rubber for xmas, and the time has come to order them...

we went down to costco to look and here is the combo i came up with...

BFG g-force t/a KDW
275or 285/40/17 out back

and

BFG g-force t/a KD
245 or 255/40/17 up front

will those rears hook? ive never heard anything about them and they guy at costco didnt know ****. I told him i wanted drag radials and he gave me all season tires cuz "camaros dont need all the traction of a drag radial, they arent all that fast" turns out he has a mustang... i will change his mind about camaros real quick after these new tires...

anyways do the KDW hook? and how many miles can i expect out of them?
and will the KD wear slow or fast and how about grip?

i dont mean to ask too many questions but he will only buy me one set of tires and i need the other money for mods and parts so i dont want to have to shell out another like 600 for tires after 5000 miles

thanks

Last edited by SS4Luck; 01-03-2007 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:32 AM
tx3
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i work at costco tire department in chicago and id recommend the drags on the back and the kdws on the front.. the kdws is a great tire. and the drags are amazing.. i was reading some foxbody went 7.90s on that drag radial
Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 AM
11 Second Club

the guy that helped me said the DRs only last about 500 miles.... i was like umm i know they last a little more than that man... but my dad doesnt know that and he said no so im sol with that
Old 01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am very happy with my KDW's on my Camaro.

I also have KD's on my GTO and am dissapointed in the noise, and they wear fairly quickly.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tx3
well i work at costco tire department in chicago and id recommend the drags on the back and the kdws on the front.. the kdws is a great tire. and the drags are amazing.. i was reading some foxbody went 7.90s on that drag radial
Costco will order you BFG DRs??!!?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
On the tree

Those tires are not going to last long, better start saving up for the next set.

I run Bridgestone Potenza's RE750's on my Formula, 275/40/17 all the way around. Makes it easier to rotate and get the most miles out of the tires.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

kdws are bfgs max performance tire and they grip better than the kdw2s. The kdw2s are a lot cheaper and in my opinion a really great deal for the dry and wet traction they offer.. I recommend discounttiredirect because they will beat any other price you can get.

The only problem i had with the 2's is that they are a bit noisy.

The drag radials are strictly for the track, they wont last past 4 k. If you only drive your car on weekends then ok, because theyre really grippy and cheap.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Costco will order you BFG DRs??!!?
haha yes and for very very cheap

so from what im reading, the KDW hook pretty well and wear pretty fast?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just put some KD's in the front of my car, right away felt a whole lot better than my worn out Yokohama AVS sports, but that probably is the reason .....the yokos were worn badly!! Anyhow...I find them to be much quieter though than the Yokos were. Most people on here love the KD and say they grip really well...so...if anything, I'd put those in the back and the others in the front. Do you have same size tires front and back, or are you staggered like me? I have 275s on 9.5s in the front and 315's on 11's in the back. As for the actual grip of the KD, I can't tell you yet because I still have the Yokos on the back, and with those, I never really had any traction. I can't wait to try the KD in the back as well.

Manny
Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm have my drag radials on for about a 1000 miles and it looks like they have lots of tread left, the tire will last a lot longer if you don't burn it up....
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
I just put some KD's in the front of my car, right away felt a whole lot better than my worn out Yokohama AVS sports, but that probably is the reason .....the yokos were worn badly!! Anyhow...I find them to be much quieter though than the Yokos were. Most people on here love the KD and say they grip really well...so...if anything, I'd put those in the back and the others in the front. Do you have same size tires front and back, or are you staggered like me? I have 275s on 9.5s in the front and 315's on 11's in the back. As for the actual grip of the KD, I can't tell you yet because I still have the Yokos on the back, and with those, I never really had any traction. I can't wait to try the KD in the back as well.

Manny
im going to go 285 read 245 front, im rubbing in the front cuz of the offset of my rebels which make 275s just too damn big... so im now thinking KDs in the rear and something hard that will wear slow in the front..