Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

your thoughts on billet specialties wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default your thoughts on billet specialties wheels

well it looks like i will be buying wheels soon. there are so many choices but i think i have got it down to the SLX series.....more than likely the SLX37 wheel. 17X8 front and 17X10 rear with 275 40 in front and 315 35 in the rear. i currently have black ZR1's on my car, 17X9 and 17X11 and love the way they look, they are tucked underneath very nicely, (not sticking out) i would like the same look for the billet wheels. has anybody already done something like this with similar wheels? if so what offset did you use to acheive this look.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my neighbor has the slx45's on a black Z28 - 18x9 and 18x10s I believe. Dont really talk to him much but car looks damn good...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

sounds sweet. do you think you could snap a couple of photos.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost ordered some of their wheels and did alot of research. I couldn't find hardly any pics of their wheels on 4th gen f-bodies. They do have great quality and most people are very happy with their wheels after they get them. They do most of their business on custom trucks and older (50s and back) hot rods.

I did finally see a red ls1 camaro with some on it one day here (of all places) in a parking lot.

I took a pic with my camera phone, but I dont have the pic anymore since I have changed phones lol... They looked like they needed a REAL good polishing, and you can blame the owner there. But also, the offset looked a little off on the front ... they stuck out a little past the fender, but were tucked under on the back. Im pretty sure they were SLC62's or an older similiar model.

I did call them and talked to them about offsets and on the street smart line, you can get the same sizes and offsets as the popular TT2s. Just be sure you learn about offsets enough to know what you want based on how wide you want your wheels to be, because of lot of their model lines dont have the range of available offset/backspacing to get the best look, but some do.

So just do some research before you order any, because they are non-returnable once ordered.

I wanted the SLX37s or SLX45s but they didn't come in wide enough sizes for my taste... and the street star versions of the same designs had a stepped lip and I really wanted one single lip. I ended up paying more and getting some Iforged wheels.

I will tell you that the fast lane or street star wheels in TT2 sizes/offsets in 17x9.5 front and 17x11 rear was very tempting because the price was right on those and you can have the same kickass stance of TT2's but be still have unique wheels... They are also much cheaper than the SLX line. I was quoted like 1200 bucks for all 4 around a year ago.

Last edited by RollTideTA; 01-15-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

sounds awesome. does anybody know if a 315-35 tire will safely mount on a 10" rim.