Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

315 rears clearance question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 315 rears clearance question

I love the look of the 315 rears with a 17x11 wheel when the car has been dropped 2" but one of my buddies has a 95 z28 and said that there wouldn't be clearance against the inside wall. Is this true and is there mods you have to do or is he incorrect? thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

2" is a pretty extreme drop for an F-body I think. However plenty of people have done this, it usually require the BFH mod and fender rolling when you lower the car.

Basically you will need to put them on and roll the fenders, drive a few miles then take them off and beat the hell out of any points where you can see the tires were rubbing.

Also because of the F-body tolerances, some of our rears may be off to one side or another enough to make it a problem, which is why an adjustable pan hard bar is a must when you lower the car. You might consider the adjustable lower control arms as well.

Some people have cut their bumstops off, but this isn't a good idea in my opinion, if it actually rubs just take a die grinder to it to trim it up a little bit.
If you completely remove the bump stop and ever hit a big bump, you could do serious damage to your rear suspension components.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm lowered ~1.75" from stock and had to do some serious pounding on the inner fenders to fit my 17x11's. I couldn't even bolt them on before they'd hit. Like said above you'll absolutely need an adjustable phb if you don't already have one. I haven't rolled my outer fender lips yet and haven't had any issues, but I plan to roll them when I get a chance just for peace of mind.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Teching In

alright thanks a lot guys. I may do something like drop the front 2" and maybe the rear 1.5-1.75"