Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Where to buy TT2 in black?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I just painted mine.
Gloss right? ALso how much did a shop charge you to paint them? How woudl you rate the quality and how there holding up
Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
Gloss right? ALso how much did a shop charge you to paint them? How woudl you rate the quality and how there holding up
Semi gloss to match the berger panel on my car as well as the stripes. I did them myself with spray paint. I prepped them very well and they are holding great after 5 months. The paint is flawless.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
just because they're powdercoating less actual surface area, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to cost less....they may actually charge more, since they will have to take the time to mask off the areas that are not getting PC'd.....and they may just charge a flat rate within a certain range of wheel sizes (15" - 16" = one price, 17" - 18" = a different price, 19" - 21" = another price, etc.)....or they may do the flat rate i mentioned, plus an extra fee for "special orders", such as masking off & PC'ing only part of the wheel

the actual cost of the materials is likely the smaller part of what you're getting, what you're mainly paying for is the labor
Damn, you had to ruin my fun didn't you?

Either way I'm going to have them powder coated so I'll have to stop and and see how much they will charge. I never thought about them charging more because of more labor but it makes perfect sense.