Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Spin balancing - on car needed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spin balancing - on car needed?

Folks,

The shop that put my tires on my wheels said the spin balancing off the car was good up to 60 mph. Not that it means they won't be balanced at higher speeds but that is less than half the track speed they will be subjected to.

Do I need to find someone to balance these on the car or with equipment to do it at significantly higher speeds? What do you all do?

They also couldn't get the beads to seat with their regular equipment. Anyone else experience this with their setup? My sizes are 17 x 9.5 and 275 40ZR17.

Thanks
BobP

Old 05-03-2003, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Spin balancing - on car needed?

the only other option you have is to have them road forced but the balance they put on them should be fine. just take it up to speed and if you get a vibration have them check it out. but don't be like "yeah man i was doin about a bill 50 and i'm getting a vibration" or they will just laugh at you
Old 05-04-2003, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Spin balancing - on car needed?

They just dont know what they are doing. Just a regular static balance works. Getting the bead to seal can always be difficult though with a wide low series tire. They should have lube dripping off the tire to make sure it goes on correctly.