Better Tire

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Better Tire

I need to find a better tire.
I have BFG ta sports. I bought them cause at the time it was what i could afford and they did great. However Now with my torque converter I cant get the damn things to stick. I wanted drag radials until I found out that they last only 7000 miles. I drive that in 2 months. I cant afford new tires every two months, but I have got to get better tires. Ive heard alot of people say they like G3's but I dont even know what that is.
One tire i like is the KDW. How many miles do those last?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the KDW2 and I really like them. Not sure how long they last I have only had the a few hundred miles. the G3's you are talking about are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's. I was going to get them but the whole country is pretty much sold out. So i went with the BFG KDW2. Both are excellent tires but I believe the goodyear is somewhat better.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTX
I need to find a better tire.
I have BFG ta sports. I bought them cause at the time it was what i could afford and they did great. However Now with my torque converter I cant get the damn things to stick. I wanted drag radials until I found out that they last only 7000 miles. I drive that in 2 months. I cant afford new tires every two months, but I have got to get better tires. Ive heard alot of people say they like G3's but I dont even know what that is.
One tire i like is the KDW. How many miles do those last?
What do you mean you can't get them to stick? Are you going WOT out of the hole on the street? No tire can help you there short of ET Streets.

Nittos last 15K and are great year round as long as it doesn't snow or get really cold.

A better street tire would be something like Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....hawk+Wide+Oval
I have them and I'm happy. I don't have a converter though.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:55 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

not even WOT. if i do WOT out of the whole I spin all the way through first. If racing was all i cared about Id buy some slicks. Im just trying to find a sticky street tire.