Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wizards Cotton Candy Before and After

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wizards Cotton Candy Before and After

So we've been having record rainfall here lately (almost 50% over the year to date average) and so I've been a little careless on taking care of my wheels....I know my bad.

It's started to clear up here a little so I went and cleaned my car up real good with the intentions of taking some updated pics, but the wheels just looked horrible no matter how hard I scrubbed.

I get all my Wizards cleaning stuff from NAPA, so I asked the guy that works there what he recomends for wheels. It's called Wizards Metal Polish, or Cotton Candy. I've heard my friends talk about it and they all seemed to like it so I figured I'd try it out.

It gets the name Cotton Candy because that is exactly what it looks like! You just pull about a 2" swab off and rub the wheel until it turns black than wipe the wheel clean and then I lightly rinsed it with some water and wiped dry.

Here's some before and after. The pics do not do this product justice. My wheels were just plain nasty (embarrising) but now they shine like a mother! I'm going to go over it one more time this weekend and really spend some time on it, than detail my car and should have some more shots for you guys with the tint and maybe some interior shots.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

And a little bit better shot out in the sun to show the shine, sorry no before shot in the sun:

Old 07-18-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

I think that "cotton-candy" is a Never-Dull knock off
Old 07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really not trying to be a dick, but it looks like you need to put alot more time into the wheels. I still see spots all over your wheels. I'm talking about the parts that are clearly cleaner than the rest also.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Id take them off and clean around the lugs and such. Looks alot better than it was though!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but it looks like you need to put alot more time into the wheels. I still see spots all over your wheels. I'm talking about the parts that are clearly cleaner than the rest also.
Oh no doubt! That's why my last statement before the pics was that this weekend, when I get some more time, I'm going to really clean them up for some pics. I just did a real quick job here at work while we had some down time. But I'm still impressed with the difference just a little bit made, and wanted to post the pics as soon as possible. I'm telling you guys, they looked like **** before I started!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually don't worry about mine as like you said if it's going to rain all the time you only need to keep them decently clean. It's pointless to completely detail your wheels then have it rain two hours later while you're driving.

Quick Reply: Wizards Cotton Candy Before and After