Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

fitment question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007 | 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Default fitment question?

Hey guys I need a little help in the wheel department. I want to buy zr1s from tomz, and I want the 11 inchers in the back. My question is what offset is correct if I want them to stick out a little in the back and look stout? I want to use a 315 series tire and I want the rims to stick about an inch out of the wheel well if measure from the bottom of the rear bumper, and I dont want to get spacers as Ive heard they are the devil. lol. I want them to look like this, see the pic in the post. Thanks in advance, wheels are not my department.

thanks to whoever owns the car in the pic that I used.
Attached Thumbnails fitment question?-_s8n7723-1.jpg  
Old 08-30-2007 | 10:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WonQuickZ28
Hey guys I need a little help in the wheel department. I want to buy zr1s from tomz, and I want the 11 inchers in the back. My question is what offset is correct if I want them to stick out a little in the back and look stout? I want to use a 315 series tire and I want the rims to stick about an inch out of the wheel well if measure from the bottom of the rear bumper, and I dont want to get spacers as Ive heard they are the devil. lol. I want them to look like this, see the pic in the post. Thanks in advance, wheels are not my department.

thanks to whoever owns the car in the pic that I used.
Hi,
I checked with the experts on this one and found that the 17x11's will work. You may have to do some modifications, because on the older TA's there is a problem inside the suspension that could cause the wheel to hit the bump stop. It's always best to do a test fit before you drive with new wheels, whatever mods you need to do can be done then.
Thanks
Nancy
TomzWheels 866-939-1030
Old 08-30-2007 | 11:13 AM
On The Tree

hey... well tt2 come in at 17x11 with a 45mm offset.... and seem to fit non lowered car with little to no mods... i would work off that offset and see whats close in terms of zr1....