Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Finally got wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokintiresz28
they are 18x10.5 in back 295-35-18 sumi front 17x9.5 275-40-17. does anyone know the labor involved in lowering. probably will get nittos in back .
In all honesty if you dig around the suspernsion forum you'll find all you need to know about dropping and more. Of the top of my head I can say its not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. You need a spring compressor (most places here rent em for free) and an air gun helps from what I've found. And you most likely will want an alignment when all is said and done.

Back on topic, love the rims on your car, usually not a fan of them but on red I think they work nice. SS hood and Wing and your golden
Old 12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well what about kit brand and prices will want best bang for the buck.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work. They look great on there.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokintiresz28
well i have never lowered a damn thing but i know it needs to be done any suggetions on brand .
Looks killer! I love the looks looks of the black contrasted on your red car. The riveted C5 Z06's are one of my favorite looking wheels! I am about to lower my car too and done lots of research and decided on a Sam Strano handling package either 3 or 4. Lowers your car 1.2 inches. Nascar grade steel in the springs keeps a nearly stock ride combined withh the premium Koni shocks. Hollow (lighter) sway bars are nicely balanced and stiffer even than WS6 bars to about eliminate body roll and a good panhard bar to adjust the rear to center the wheels and keep from scraping. He came up with this combo after a lot of time on the track and some SCCA championships. It is a well matched package though not cheap. Just go to the suspension forum on here or other f-body sites and you'll find a lot of info. I am going to do mine and allow a day to do it in case I run into frozen bolts etc.. A local shop told me they would do it for $350, but hey, that's a good chunk toward my SS Hooker headers haha.