Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

best tires for a DD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you are looking for a softer DD tire the F1 GS D3's would be a good option as stated above. If you don't have the pocket for it consider the Nitto 555 extreme's or the Falken 452. Both affordable options where you actually do get a lot of tire for your money. They are both performance Street Tires.

Heres a link to a common 17" TA size: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...fcs=false&fcb=
Old 01-15-2008, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dal1as
With a convertor you're going to blow away pretty much any street tire except for maybe the D3 on a really hot day, BUT if you are going to be putting some miles on your car I'd go with either the BFG KD, or the Goodyear D3. If it's a weekend car then get DR's.
If it makes any difference, i'm an m6
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a convertor you're going to blow away pretty much any street tire except for maybe the D3 on a really hot day, BUT if you are going to be putting some miles on your car I'd go with either the BFG KD, or the Goodyear D3. If it's a weekend car then get DR's.

and yes their is a quite noticable difference between the tires I listed above and the Wide ovals or Kumho's.

No offense to people who bought cheaper tires, but many of them try to fool themselves into thinking they perform as well as better rubber. Not so at all.
Speaking about slapin miles on your tires. Ive put 10k on my GS D3's, with aggressive driving (which most of us do, and this is a fun car for me not a DD) and doing a burnout every now and then, the tread has held up so well. I think Ill be able to get 20 k out of these which is great IMO because of the nature of the car.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a convertor you're going to blow away pretty much any street tire except for maybe the D3 on a really hot day,
Depends on the power output. There is no grip for me with the Goodyear 315s GS D3s. Ever.