Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

tires wearing outedges of fronts

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tires wearing outedges of fronts

each of my front tires are wearing out on the edges and i dunno why...is this normal? what should i do?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

your alignment is out. Too much toe out it sounds like. Take it to an alignment shop.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Launching!

If both tires are wearing on the outside edges and the inside groove is fine, you're not running enough air. But, if it's just wearing on one edge of EACH tire, then your alignment is out.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

If the wear is even side-to-side and no other problems are noted (ie:pulling, vibration, etc.) then wearing the front outside edges is a normal bye product of turning. Weight transfer causes the car to roll over on the outside edge when turning, wear on the ouside most edge on the inside tire is pretty normal for turning tires (so I guess the same would be true of the outside edge of the rear tire on a 4-wheel steer vehicle, but I don't know too much about that!). Aggresive drivers, like my wife's 95 LT1, will round off the outside edge well before the center wears out because their is not the same kind of load going straight, that is why you rotate tires, to balance out the wear.