Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Agressive Wheel fitment Question (And pic request)

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agressive Wheel fitment Question (And pic request)

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum, and i have a few technical questions regarding wheels fitment.

First things first: My Goals

- Extremely aggressive fitment

- 19 inches all around

- inner fender lip will be taken away

- Car is quite low, tires will be tucked

Questions:

1. what are the most common F&R wheels widths as far as going "Agressive" is concerned... i would assume that 19x10 F and 19x11 would be popular. but what else are people doing.

2. what are some of the guys on here running width and offset-wise.... and please post pics, pics are essential.

3. i am not looking to go with too much tire. By no means am i going to stretch them, but there won't be much extra.

4. Finally, to everyone who is running an aggressive setup, please show me your pics and state the wheel diameter, width, and offset... and tire size too.

Guys, i appreciate everyone's contributions in advance. I'm happy to be getting into the corvette scene now that i have graduated from college and have a big-boy job.

I am aiming towards something modular like a set of Iforged Aero's, yet, a part of me wants to have a set of Volk TE37's custon drilled for vetee ... iknow i know, i'm an idiot. (.... has anyone ever done TE37's on a vett?)

MY goals with this car (after spending years building low budget, high horsepower japanese turbo cars with reliability issues) are to make an extremely reliable 400whp vette that looks and sounds great.

Thanks again fellas
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Junkie

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/120716-wheels-tires-everything-you-should-need-know-here-must-read.html

-Mike
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Well Im sure you'll get some super detailed responses from sponsors ect. But in short, 19x10 is going to be big for the front, you'll need really small tires. 19x11 on the rear is fine, you should be able to move it to maybe +40 mm if you have no finder lips. As for the front, what you are able to run will depend a lot on how low you are and what you're willing cut/mod in trade off to put the big wheels under there. Im lowered nearly 2'' and my 295/30/19 on 19x10's (+73 with a 1 1/4" adapter) and 275/35/18 on 18x8.5's (+56) are as large as I can go but I have finderlips still. Hopefully some1 with more knowledge than myself can help you a little further. Happy researching!

This is for a f-bod...btw

Last edited by 1998Z28LOADED; 04-04-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: details