Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Questions

First off just to abide by the rules I've been searching for the past week or so looking for "answers or opinions" and i have a few questions after what i have gathered from reading numerous posts.

Ive decided to go with Nitto Tires simply for the fact that the car is not a daily driver but thats not to say i will not take it on road trips to Cali and such just to bs around.

Ive Decided to go with 18x10's all the way around, either the American Racing Rebels or the new AR Killers. What size tires and model (ie- NT01, NT555R, NT555RII) would everyone suggest in reguards to what i am trying to achieve and that is as follows...

Im looking to race it at the track quiet often on the tires that i will be purchasing. I want the tire to have a really wide look to it, but i dont want it to rub.

With all that being said, I'll be completely honest in saying that when i comes to tires, sizes, offsets etc.. So if i am making the mistake of going with the wrong brand in general pls do speak up and let me know.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wellz
First off just to abide by the rules I've been searching for the past week or so looking for "answers or opinions" and i have a few questions after what i have gathered from reading numerous posts.

Ive decided to go with Nitto Tires simply for the fact that the car is not a daily driver but thats not to say i will not take it on road trips to Cali and such just to bs around.

Ive Decided to go with 18x10's all the way around, either the American Racing Rebels or the new AR Killers. What size tires and model (ie- NT01, NT555R, NT555RII) would everyone suggest in reguards to what i am trying to achieve and that is as follows...

Im looking to race it at the track quiet often on the tires that i will be purchasing. I want the tire to have a really wide look to it, but i dont want it to rub.

With all that being said, I'll be completely honest in saying that when i comes to tires, sizes, offsets etc.. So if i am making the mistake of going with the wrong brand in general pls do speak up and let me know.

Thanks ahead of time.

Well I don't know what kind of car you have.. I have a 02 WS6 and run 18x10 Budniks on all 4 corners, tires are 285/35/18 on all 4's.. I never had an issue with rubbing front or rear.. I ran Nitto DR's in the rear(best 60' was a 1.78 or 88 I believe) and Nitto extremes up front..
Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 01 formula. 441rwhp, 414rwtq. btw, Im in iraq as we speak *cheers*
Old 04-18-2008, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wellz
I have a 01 formula. 441rwhp, 414rwtq. btw, Im in iraq as we speak *cheers*
Shouldn't have any clearance issues then.. Thanks for serving brother!! Good luck to you and come home SAFE!! I must say the beer is tasting mighty fine!!!

Check out my new drag rims: https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/905077-summitt-stars-pics.html