Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Hub-Centric Question, Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hub-Centric Question, Need Help!

Hey everyone,

I have a pair of 15X10 Weld Pro Stars that I need to fit on my '96 'Bird. The center bore of the hub on these wheels is 3.18 in. (approx. 80.77 mm), and the hub of the rear axles is 70.75 mm. These rims do not come hub-centric from the Weld, so I know I am not the first person who has had to mount these on a car and put hub centering rings in place. I have checked with multiple places on line and have called Discount Tire direct, and everyone says they do not have this size ID and OD ring. There must be some place I can get a pair of rings that have a 80.77 mm OD and 70.75 mm ID. Can someone please help me find a place that sells these? I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

The wheels you are trying to install are Lug-centric NOT hub-centric. You do NOT need a hub ring. The lug nuts when tightened center the wheel, because of the way that wheel is made, with the floating center plate a hub centric installation will not work. tighten the lugs to the proper torque in a star pattern and don't worry about any rings.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I called Weld to confirm it. Thanks alot for the help. When I test-fitted them to the car, the assembly rocked around and seemed unsafe, which is why I though hub centering rings were needed.

Quick Reply: Hub-Centric Question, Need Help!