Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Pic of BFG G-Force SS A/S

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your going to store the car with the tires on, block it up so you don't get flat spots.
i bought my car and it had been sitting for 9 months the KDW did have flat spots.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe these are the tires I'll be slapping on the Z-28. I've shopped other tires and this seems to be the best deal as far as a decent quality tire that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by shock6906
I believe these are the tires I'll be slapping on the Z-28. I've shopped other tires and this seems to be the best deal as far as a decent quality tire that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
That's the way I saw it, the most bang-for-the-buck tire out there incorporating state-of-art technology, 3 different rubber compounds, rim protector lips, plus they're very meaty-looking, and perform well in wet and dry conditions. If you need to compromise between performance and practicality, they're tough to beat.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've run KDWS and was caught in a freak snowstorm blizzard that left half a foot of snow covering the roads in late May once. I still made it home just fine, albeit slower than most cars.

If these run better, newer rubber compound tech I'd probably say these are the better pick as wet and dry traction was decent on the KDWS but not exactly the best candidate for a long life or track traction.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SladeX
I've run KDWS and was caught in a freak snowstorm blizzard that left half a foot of snow covering the roads in late May once. I still made it home just fine, albeit slower than most cars.

If these run better, newer rubber compound tech I'd probably say these are the better pick as wet and dry traction was decent on the KDWS but not exactly the best candidate for a long life or track traction.
SladeX, that really is the question, how much better, if they are, are the KDWSs for all that extra cost. I've been wondering myself. I do know that they're both good tires. I always thought that the KDWSs were better at the performance aspect, but I've never owned them, so FWIW.