Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

OZ Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OZ Wheels

I went to their site, they're known for very light wheels for sport applications.

in their fitmen guide they have this model for the Camaro:

Super Leggera III Forged, weigh: 23.5 pounds

they have it in 18" and 19" with 9.5 and 10 respectively i believe.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: OZ Wheels

Built specifically to minimize the weight while maintaining strength, the Superleggera III's forged multispoke design borrowed heavily from what O.Z.'s engineers learned in the development of the newest OZ Formula 1 wheels. In an effort to offer maximum fitment flexibility and optimize the sizing to specific vehicle applications, the Superleggera III forged is manufactured as a three-piece wheel. O.Z.'s engineers developed a patented new system of assembly that permitted the use of a true 19" forged center on a deep, spun aluminum outer channel. They went on to develop an inner section that provides structural support for the center and outer, while incorporating integral threads to accept the aircraft quality titanium fasteners that complete the assembly. This new construction methodology allows the wheel to remain a true three-piece design which permits custom sizing (available upon request) and the ability to repair damaged sections, all the while maintaining an exceptionally low weight (sample weight: 19x8 = 23.6 lbs). In addition to setting a new standard for high performance three-piece wheels, the new Superleggera III Forged also offers compatibility with all of today's OEM tire pressure monitoring systems, as well as offering fitments that permit the use of larger aftermarket brake packages (please contact dealer for more information). The Superleggera III Forged is available in a matte tuner silver with polished lip in 18" and 19" diameters for a wide variety of vehicle applications. A 20" version will be available early Fall 2002.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: OZ Wheels

I love those wheels. 18x10 on all 4 corners would look lovely IMHO on an F-Body. If you really want to spend the money the will custom make any offset that you want. Last year I was at H.I.N. (car show) and there was a guy with a set on his BMW, they had some of the biggest lips I've ever seen on a wheel. He had some crazy offset made to make them that way. I'm not doubting the guy either considering he had a full carbon fiber wide bodied M3. Sick stuff.