Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

how is this for a stealth box sub connected to factory stereo...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how is this for a stealth box sub connected to factory stereo...

thinking about adding an alpine type r sub on the driver's side stealthbox with an alpine mrp-m500 amp. Which stealth box should I use and do you think there is a better alternative to this setup? I want clean tight bass.

ricky
Old 10-13-2008, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Get the Kee, the Subthump is crap.

You will be amazed how good they can sound. I have a JL Audio one and I love it.

I have a Alpine Type R 10" for sale in the classifieds cheap if your looking for one. Also a sick Rockford Fosgate amp. $75 for the sub, ($200 new) and $150 for the amp ($550 new).

PM me for more info.

Last edited by SSNISTR; 10-13-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

I have the Alpine type r 12" hooked up to the MRP -m500 , and the MRP-m300 running my speakers.. Perfect combo!.. do it!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alpine Type-R SWR-1042D is a good subwoofer and performs well. I do also have the RE Audio subs which are in the same price range as the Type-R and would offer as good or better bass response. I have the RE Audio SR10 D4 at $149.00 shipped and the SE10 D4 (which I use personally) at $159.00 shipped. Very similar perfomance to the Type-R in both of these subwoofers.
If you order it with the stealth enclosure I can even load everything up and wire it for you so all you have to do is drop it in.
I believe my Alpine distributor has the MRP-M500 back in stock as well. I can check on that tomorrow for you and put an entire package together with which I would throw in the 4awg amp kit and battery terminal adapter (FREE) with it so you can install it yourself and save some money. This way you get it all in one package with all your installation equipment.
Also, personally if your on a budget, I'd give SSNISTR's offer a look as well. That would save you some money and get a good sub at a great price!! When I first started putting together my system I bought some used equipment from reputable sources and actually am still using some of it to this day. My amp is a Rockford Fosgate Power 600.5 I bought used 3 years ago and it is still perfect to this day!
I can get the rest of it for you with all the install stuff still included and you'd be ready to rock!! Shoot me a PM and check with SSNISTR about that subwoofer.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

off topic but KEE are you going to carry any higher RE models? such as SX, MT, XXX, MX?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have em already. I just need to add them to the site. I carry their full line of subs, full range speakers, and preloaded enclosures. Some of it has to be special ordered but I have access to all of it now. I also have US Amps since they are RE Audio's sister company.
I was at my RE Audio distributor the other day and saw the XXX 18" sub in the showroom. That thing is insane!!
I'll try and get the rest of it on the site soon but I do have all access to all their subs and most of it is in stock. Some have to be special ordered.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Yeah the XXX is a little too big for me but I've been looking at maybe a 15" SX for my DD.