Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tail lights flickering! Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tail lights flickering! Any ideas?

My 02 SS is having some serious electrical issues. The brake and reverse lights seam come on whenever and flicker at times. I went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago and someone that was driving behind me said that my reverse lights came on when I shifted. I just figured it was a little glitch and didn’t think too much of it. Then last night I went to Houston Raceway Park to get a few runs in. One of the guys had a camera and was recording a few of the runs. I looked at the recording of my last run and right about the time I shifted into second and got on it, the tail lights started flickering on and off. But the super weird part is that they were flickering independently of each other! They would flash left, right, left, left, right, together. And it did this all the way down the track with the reverse light flashing every now and then. I've never had anyone say my lights were doing that before, and I would say that I never really get on the car as hard as I do at the track either.

Has anyone else had this problem? What’s the fix? I don’t think it has anything to do with wiring. For the lights to flash independently I would think it has something to do with the computer or alarm. The alarm is just the stock GM one that all camaros come with. Nothing has ever been added to the electrical system or has it been modified.

Any help would be appreciated.