Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Something's not right...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know its really funny i came across this thread, because this situation happened to me the exact same way...

I went with the bazooka's but heres the thing, before I blew my stock sail panels my bass sounded bad ***. Ever since i blew them and replaced them with bazooka's it almost seems like they never made it back to where they were performance wise.. now my mind could be playing tricks on me but it still seems like their underpowered... I purchased them from Kee Audio... I'm not saying bazooka's are bad at all they work fine, but I think I might not have them powered well or something im not an audio guy...

but i'd be interested if u found another reason why you lack bass because i feel the same..
Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

kee audio speakers work with stock system but they still technically are underpowered. they just handle it better than others. any aftermarket speaker will perform better with an aftermarket amp.

also in the case above, i assume you made sure to get ones meant for the bird because camaros are different.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Launching!

im pretty sure i did not positive tho... there 4 ohm i believe
Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

...ya know, it kinda sounds like the speakers MIGHT be out of phase...are you sure the + and - are hooked up correctly on the HU AND speakers?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

I will double check when I go through it again this weekend. But I'm 99% sure that everything is still hooked up correctly. I bought the 4 ohm sail panel speakers from ws6store on ebay and they were brand new. They are hooked up right to the connectors so I KNOW the speakers are wired right. Unless the harnesses were wrong, but I doubt that. I'm gonna go with the bazookas either way to complete my system but I just don't want to order them and have them sound the same way as my **** sounds now...
Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

So I pulled everything apart this weekend and everything is wired correctly... I still don't know what else it could be.

Quick Reply: Something's not right...