LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Wiring, Stereo & Electronics (https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics-19/)
-   -   Subwoofer In the convertibles (https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/1131326-subwoofer-convertibles.html)

skew448 07-10-2009 09:12 AM

My Convertible sub solution

1 Attachment(s)
Well I finished my box. Its just a cheap pioneer 10 right now, but I will upgrade in a few months. The box comes out in about 3min and, the seat back lifts right back in place. So there are no permanent mods other than a couple on factory wiring harness. Splices that are easily restored. I chose the infinity 6X9 because they are very efficient as is the pioneer 10. God knows when you put the top down you need all the SPL you can get. The cab and speakers weigh in at about 50lbs. There are matching Infinities 6.5's in the kick panels . The Head unit is a Alpine X100 Ipod thing with a Humount and in the trunk is a Polk 50X4 main amp and an Alpine PDX-2.150 bridged mono for the sub. The trim plate curves around the top of the sail panels and across the back just below the seat belt mechanism.

The cabinet is Apox 2.5cuft .6cft to the 6X9's and about 1.25 cft to the sub.
It may not be WCC but with 50 watts per channel and 300 to the sub, it will rock the cabin of the car. With no permanent damage to the car.

ravelikeirave 07-06-2012 07:31 AM

Cerwin Vega

Heyo.. I'm a Cerwin Vega fanatic myself, but i wanted to know how well the amplifiers perform. I've got a pair of E-312's (3 way 12" floor standing speakers) and they are Phenomenal! They claim to be rated at 300 watts a piece but holyshit they blow away any other system I've personally come across, even systems that claim to be 500 or even 1000 watts a channel! Not just with explosive power and bass response, but with total clarity. Regardless of what volume I'm trying to pump through them they remain completely balanced across the entire spectrum. I've also got a Sony receiver thats rated at 450 watts a channel. I guess what im wondering is if their amplifiers are just as loaded as their speakers are. I want to get a set up in my car with 2 strokers and it be really nice if it was worth buying the matching cerwin vega amplifiers! Thanks!

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast (Post 11846609)
I already have the subs and all the amps installed, along with headunit/components, so the system in functional, I just need to build (or have built) the subwoofer enclosures...

My idea is removing the rear-seat bottoms and having two boxes made to replace them. I am using some slimline 12" subs, and figure I should have from .75-1.1cu/ft per enclosure.

The amps I have are all Cerwin-Vega, with a EXL4004 bridged to two channels running some Cadence 6.5" front components, an EXL3502 running some Cadence 5.25" rear components and have an EXL1200 that will run the two 12" subs.

The idea is that I can pull the sub boxes when I want to run the stock seat buckets, and when the younger kids are riding in the car the boxes will act like more of a taller bench and thier booster seats will sit up higher so they have more visibility...

I tested with a larger 12" sub box and a single 12" is plenty in that location with the top down, and one behind each seat will be more than adequate sonically with a ton of 'hittin the kidneys' bass...