Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

High beams and fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High beams and fog lights

Does anyone know how to keep the fog lights on with the high beams. I think it was just jumping a wire but I'm not sure. TIA
Old 11-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by CheifBrody
Does anyone know how to keep the fog lights on with the high beams. I think it was just jumping a wire but I'm not sure. TIA
Under the hood, on top of the left fender liner, you will find a junction box with a bunch of relays. Find the relay marked "Fog Lamps". Under this relay you will find four wires - brown, yellow, purple and light green. Cut the light green wire. Attach a piece of wire to the end that goes to the relay and run it to a good ground. Tape up the other end of the light green wire to prevent shorting. Now your fog lights will continue to work when the high beams are on.

Bear in mind that this is illegal in most states because you will have more than four lights on at the same time when your high beams are on. Besides, the factory fog lights don't add anything to your visibility - they're so under powered that even bulb manufacturers refer to them as "toy" fog lights. Putting in higher wattage bulbs (other than maybe the 37.5 watt ones) will melt the plastic.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey thanks whitebird00. I just want it for the look for when i take pics. The factory fogs are pretty weak. I dont think the cops bust stones about that around here. I see a dodge ram with 8 fog lights on all the time. Hey, look out for a 2002 black Firehawk aournd town, that,s my old man.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Good info. Whitebird....Thanks, I needed that too.

Kev