Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with an Elemental Designs woofer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with an Elemental Designs woofer

When I bought my car it had 6.5" Elemental Designs woofers (7Kv2) in the sail panels. I have been really happy with them so far. Recently I began noticing a constant rattling sound from the drivers side, I figured it was a problem with the mounting. So I took it out and turned the radio on, still have the noise. I began to look the speaker over and noticed the rippled piece (spider?) under the cone had came loose from the basket. Does anyone know about their warranty, if there is one, and if I would be eligible to send it to them since I didn't buy the speakers new?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get you some Loctite 499 and glue it back. Will be cheaper than shipping it back to eD even if they do feel like helping you out. (And let me tell you, customer service is NOT something they excel at.)
Old 07-27-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

thanks. ill try that today
Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dragonrage
get you some Loctite 499 and glue it back. Will be cheaper than shipping it back to eD even if they do feel like helping you out. (And let me tell you, customer service is NOT something they excel at.)
not having an origional invoice they prly cant warranty it for you but it could be repaired
Old 10-11-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know this is an old thread... but the center silver section of my 6.5" ed subs actually blew out. It's cracked right in the middle and is missing parts of the silver part that says "elemental designs" on it.Warranty?
Old 10-11-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

only way to find out is talk to them, also ur gonna need invoice