Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

isimple question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default isimple question

From the searching I did the correct isimple system for my 02 WS6 is ISGM73, what I don't know is can I still use my HU cd player (the changer will be disabled (I think)) and is there a link on how to take my head unit out of the dash. I don't want to start pulling and break something. Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help form anyone!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

According to their website, the ISGM73 is compatible with any head unit that supports an external CD changer (your 02 qualifies) but any existing factory changer must be disconnected when installing the adapter.

Removing the radio is extremely simple. Use a flat tool (and a rag to prevent scratches) to pry off the trim bezel around the radio and HVAC controls. It is held on by four spring clips - one by each top corner and one on each side next to the HVAC controls. It might take some force if it's never been removed before. You will see brackets on both sides of the radio. There are three screws in all - two on one side and one on the other. Use a 7mm socket to remove the screws. Then just slide the radio out of the dash. Installation is the reverse.