Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help installing crossovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing crossovers

I just bought the CDT CL-61CV 6.5" Component speakers from kee and i want to get rid of the stock crossover for the new ones so does anyone have a good place to wire and mount them cause there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in the door.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigbirddamonster
I just bought the CDT CL-61CV 6.5" Component speakers from kee and i want to get rid of the stock crossover for the new ones so does anyone have a good place to wire and mount them cause there doesn't seem to be a lot of room in the door.
I put mine behind the kick panels. Not sure how big yours are but that is an option.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kick panel, under the seat, up the dash, or in the rear next to your amplifier. Other than in the door (while I've put them in the door before and had no problems, I wouldn't do it again or recommend it due to water), the kick panel should be easiest if they're small enough.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

I put mine at the very bottom of the door. The crossover screen is facing up. I put some duct tape around it to make it "water resistant"