Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Door Locks Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just find a used power window harness from eBay, it comes with all the wiring needed to wire up the power windows, power door locks, and power mirrors. For the power windows you will also need two window regulators and two motors, or buy them togather (preferable) like this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...d=130338088292

For the power windows just buy power windows and bolt them on and plug em' up.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Hey rukus can't I put this actuator onto my door latch assembly.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/DoorLockAct...oogle_base_api

On the back view of this actuator it looks like you would stick the rods that lock/unlock the door in the back and it would turn to unlock due to the gear. Am I seeing this right? I went to a junk yard today they only had one firebird and it had the whole assembly but he wouldn't sell it unless I bought the whole door. Dumb ***
Old 12-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Ok bringing this back from the dead but I just got the door latches installed and nothing is working any suggestion. I really need these to work. Please help me
Old 12-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Here are a couple pics:

I don't get why the power lock on the left doesn't have the pins for the door sensor. Otherwise the radio will not go out when I open the door.

Here is the back view that bolts to to door. The white piece is not in the new power lock on they left. Anybody know why?

I wonder if you have to have a certain BCM for these to work. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Launching!

I heard the top connector is for one with an alarm. If the car has the alarm then it has pins there if not then it does not have them. So I was sent the wrong part. I need power latches with a stock alarm connection. Which is what it said in the auction. I didn't even know I had an alarm. How do you know? My car was pretty basic when I got it.

Anybody know if i can take the alarm connection out and place it in the powered lock. I still don't know why I'm not getting any power to my locks though. Please some info...

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 12-29-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Quick Reply: Power Door Locks Install