Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker attaching hardware and Kee audio question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default speaker attaching hardware and Kee audio question

So I bought the Kee Audio upgrade and recieved them last week and am going to throw them in. After looking at my factory speakers the sail panels are missing the sheetmetal clips and screws, the rear 4in speakers are held in with pop rivits? Havent even looked at the doors yet. Do you think the factory will have the attaching hardware in stock and does anyone have pics of there installed CDT's?

And are you able to use the CDT crossovers inline with the monsoon amp and I thought I read the monsoon system has a crossover before each speaker, so do those have to be removed or just wire the speakers inline and go?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to use the search function. All your questions will be answered.
I wrote one of them.
In short, you'll be using factory harnesses, doing away with the rivets, and coming up with some screws etc.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got it, thanks..

Last edited by N20zuki; 10-13-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear pop rivets were already gone. I used some small bolts with nuts and washers. Sail panels were screws, same as fronts. If you are using the stock HU, and monsoon, then do not use the crossovers. Cust the connections off the stock speakers and make your own wired to the CDT's. Then all you have to do is plug them in and put in the screws.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...tall-pics.html